Weaning Woes

Monday, October 5, 2015

At 14 months Brynn decided to wean herself completely. The weirdest sadness I have felt since starting this momma gig. I really thought I was ready.

I am happy it was an easy transition for her. She did it in her time and that is one of my favorite things about teaching her at this age. Not gonna lie I won't miss having to always dress for breastfeeding easiness. Once I forgot I was wearing a high neck line dress. I sure did have to find somewhere to basically get naked to nurse Brynn. I think I laughed the entire feed. Whipping the boob out on demand is quite the talent ladies. These hormonal probs sure are taking a lot of getting used to as well. You think postpartum is rough? The weaning hormones are a whole new ball game and mine weren't pretty postpartum. Sure, life has gotten easier since the nursing sessions have dropped. Still a part of me misses the time with her. All of closeness just the two of us shared that no one could ever know. A sign my BABY is a toddler. I feel very fortunate to have been able to nurse for as long as I did. This just means we are ready for the next, right?! ;)

Excuse me while I drown my sorrows. Since I can actually drink wine without worrying about my next feed.

Now, to work on getting rid of that paci at nap and bed time.

1 comment:

  1. Such an emotional time..!! I know what you mean, and YES more hormones all over again. Hang in there, GOOD FOR YOU guys making it that long. I'm glad it was a smooth transition, as far as for Brynn, I suppose that means she is just ready. There will be new 'times' that will be special for just you and her. :) xo

    ReplyDelete