Cuddling up to Winter Favs

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

As it seems we sort of skip what I think is Fall and head right into Winter here in Finland I thought I would share some of my favorite must-have WInter items and of course scrumptious goodies. 

*Some links to similar items.

{One} Combat boots in all seriousness are one of the greatest shoe inventions. I love how you can dress them up to be girly or more grunge. You can never go wrong with a good pair. I am lucky enough to own some that have good traction on the bottom so I can wear them here in the snow. 

{Two} An army coat is such a cute accessory to an outfit especially if it keeps you warm. I found one here in Finland with embellished pockets and it is just to die for. I feel as though like combat boots you too can make it girly or grunge. They even make them with hoods. Like an army coat with a hood, what is better?!

{Three} Oversized sweaters as we know are one of my large obsessions. Pairing them with some leggings or a pair of jeans is perfect for me. 

{Four} Beanies have become stylish and cute these days and boy am i thankful for that. Here in Finland I actually need them for warmth or my ears may fall off, but they are just too cute for explainin'. 

{Five} Ear warmers once again weren't always stylish. Etsy sure does have a huge selection of some darling ones. Also, H&M if you have one of those near you are just overflowing with cute knotted ones. 

{Six} Big chunky scarves are the perfect accessory in a frozen tundra. I love how this one in the particular picture can cover up over your head also. If you live in a chilly place you could definitely use one of these and if not you could for sure use one too!

{Seven} Essie WInter Collection. This is just some of them, but I own the first one on top and the last one and top and they are the perfect shade for items I love to wear during winter. I can never seem to live without any Essie nail polish.

{Eight} A crisp white bracelet or any piece of jewelry always pairs good with winter outfits. The first and last bracelets I found at Icing a long time ago. The middle bracelet came in a set I received  a gift from Baublebar. Gold/white or silver/white are my perfect winter accessory.

*Links to recipes for the scrumptious food items.

{One} Homemade Chicken and Noodles. We always eat this in the winter time in my family. We always smother mashed potatoes with the chicken and noodles and have a side of my Grandpas baked beans. It's one of my favorite comfort foods homemade noodles and all. Now don't get it confused with chicken noodle soup you have got to read the recipe. :)

{Two} Chili. I really used to hate Chili, but as I've grown up and we learned an awesome recipe in Czech Republic from a teammate of Brads I have been hooked! I can't help but eat it in the summer too it's just that good. 

{Three} Beef Vegetable Stew. My mom would always make this since I was little by just throwing it in the crockpot before school. I only wish we had a crockpot here to make it so much easier. Once again it's a comfort thing. I sure do miss my family around these times. 

{Four} Gilled Cheese with Tomato Soup. Yup, like most I also eat this all year round, but it is especially good on a cold winters day. I like to add avocado and tomato to mine every once in a while for a little flare. 

{Five} Swiss miss Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. I could drink this every minute of every day. I actually found it at one of the stores here, GO ME!

{Six} Apple Spice Cider. Nothing is better than some that has been homemade, but sometimes the pre packaged is just as good. Coming home from a cold walk outside with your whole body frozen and having a mug of cider is THE best. 

{Seven} ANYTHING PUMPKIN. I love pumpkin pies, muffins, cheesecake, bread, milkshakes, cookies and the list goes on. I can never get enough pumpkin. They do sell it here in a city about 30 minutes away and let me tell you it is worth the trip. I am thankful my mom sent me a can in the goodie box to hold me over. 

Which of your favorites make you want to cuddle up to Winter?!

post signature

2 comments: