A Tour Through Blogland

Monday, September 15, 2014


I've been asked to be a part of the blog hop, A Tour Through Blogland by Laureen at Chateau Deveau. I have been following Laureen for quite awhile now and she has the sweetest little family. They are getting ready to welcome a new bundle of joy in October! Love catching up on her daily life. 

It is always fun being a part of blog hops. A new way to get to know many bloggers and learn a little more about bloggers you already follow that you may not know. This tour will have bloggers answer a few questions. Make sure to follow along and see who is has ben in previous posts and who is to follow!

What am I working on right now?
Well, since we are soon moving to Luxembourg I wouldn't say I have a DIY home project, but am making tons of lists. Lists of what to take with us, what we need to buy here before we go, what to buy once in Europe, and what DIY I want to do once we arrive in our new home. Pinterest is a wonder and lists are my life. I even have a list going of what movies/shows to catch up on when we are reunited. (we don't let each other watch any shows we have watched together.) Here are a few pinterest ideas I am wanting to tackle upon arrival:

Would love to make this but of course with basketball instead of the Navy. Basketball has taken us so many places that are all dear to our hearts. I think it would be a great addition to our living room. 

I always love anything pertaining to marriage that lasts forever. I think making this script canvas would be great above our bed in our room.

Easy peasy! I great way to add a little fall touch to our plain candles. Candles are my favorite and always make a home more homey.



Spray painted utensils for our kitchen. So adorable and vintage feeling.

Why do I write/create what I do?
Pertaining to writing, all in all I do this for our families and friends to keep in touch with us. It isn't always easy with the time change to sit and talk with everyone. It seems so much more practical(to me anyway) to just write all of our ins and outs in my blog and post the link for everyone to follow along. Especially now with Brynn added into the equation I will have to stay more connected. As you know I have been quite the slacker lately with this here blog. Now, as for what I create, I do it to make each temporary home feel like a forever home. Adding personal touches make being away and in a new place that much better. I want to continue to provide a place of comfort and peace for Brad and Brynn. For me, it gives me purpose when I have a task to tackle daily.


How does my writing/creative process work?As I mentioned before that I have tons of lists going, that is what helps me stick to my plan and get things done. Including projects and my blog.  Of course when we are overseas my blog pretty much pertains to that place. We travel a bunch and go to tons of basketball games. It'll most likely always continue to be that way. I add in our meals/menu, a few outfits here and there, and all our travels. When we our spending our summers back in the US it'll be all about our trips seeing family and I'm sure it'll 100% turn into some what of a mom blog. Hey, she rocks our world!

To continue next week on the tour:

I nominated two of my absolute favorite bloggers to follow me up on this tour through blogland. I know that you guys will enjoy reading all about them just as much as I do!

First up, Darby over at Life with the Hawleys. She has the sweetest little family you have laid eyes on. We have realized we have tons in common and oh btw check her recipes! YUM!



Hi! I'm Darby from Life with the Hawleys!  I'm an east coast transplant living in Houston with my husband, newborn baby boy, and two pups.  I'm a working mama who things you can never have too much coffee, carbs, chocolate, or Jesus.  Most days you can find me lovin' on my baby boy, cooking, taking pictures, and sporting my yoga pants and a sock bun.  Our blog is a hodge-podge collection of our lives, recording our comings and goings, foodie adventures and recipes, travel, dog tales, musings, photography, craft projects, home renovations, and home decor.

Second nominated is Alec at Life As We Know It. We first met when our husbands played basketball together at Texas Tech. We too have a lot in common as we travel the world for their basketball careers. You must read along her Italian adventure!





I’m Alec and I blog over at Life As We Know It. My husband and I travel the world together for his job! We are currently living in Italy and loving it! I love all things travel, cooking, fitness, fashion and a whole lot of randomness. :) 


Thanks or nominating me Laureen and Alec/Darby for participating !

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited! I am loving your DIY ideas... what in the world would we do without Pinterest? haha Cant wait to see all that you come up with for y'all's new home in Luxembourg!! I am struggling myself trying to figure out what to do with our place! Thanks for including me love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thanks Brooke, you are so sweet!! Love all your project ideas, be sure to share if you make!! Can't wait to follow along your next journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm totally behind in seeing this...like embarrassingly behind. But I'm going to fix it! Thank you for picking me Brooke!

    ReplyDelete