Easter weekend//The Netherlands(Holland)

Monday, April 6, 2015

I have been wanting to make our way to The Netherlands for quite some time to see flowers at Keukenhof. Brad played on a Friday so we were able to have 3 days off in a row(shocker)! Not only were we able to see the tulip gardens, but we were able to stay at a hotel on the beach in Noordwijk and visit friends in Leiden.

The first day we arrived it was raining off and on while being pretty cold outside. You know that didn't stop us from heading down to the beach. Brynn loved the sand, but as usual hates the wind.




We hurried up to this amazing all you can eat Japanese restaurant for lunch. They gave us a tablet and you can order 5 dishes per person every 10 minutes for 2 hours. Of course after an hour we were way past done. I really think San Angelo needs a place like this! We ate so much, but it was our one splurge meal. Worth every penny and every tap on that tablet.

For dinner we headed to our friends in Leiden and explored that area a little bit. These pictures Brad took on his cell phone and I am way too impressed by his skills.






Easter Sunday we woke up and walked across to the beach one more time before heading to Keukenhof. The weather was amazing! We realized it was too warm for our big coats, thank you Jesus.
Brynn opted for an Easter onesie instead of the dress getup. 


I don't even know where to begin with Keukenhof. Yes, a lot of flowers still weren't all the way in bloom, but I do not care. It was gorgeous. Just to walk around with all the green and beautiful flowers that were there. So much yummy dutch food and tradition going on around us. I could gush all day. I have wanted to go for so long and I am so glad we made the trip. I obviously can't post every picture so I'll give you a run down of my favorites. 

He needed a picture by these because of the Lakers colors. 





Right before she tried to pick the Tulips. 






Van Gogh inspired selfie garden. 












Now go get your booties to The Netherlands.

XO, Brooke





4 comments:

  1. These are all such beautiful photos! Sounds like you had an amazing time!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gardens looked gorgeous! I really can't blame Brynn for not liking the wind, me either! Wind is the worst. That restaurant sounds good! I wish we had something like that here.

    Aspen Kelty Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that place looks amazing... and that Japanese place, mmm! Brynn is looking as sweet as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, seriously, I want to go!! :) BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe all those flowers. What a great family pic.

    ReplyDelete