Coming Soon….

Sunday, December 22, 2013



After 10 long short months we are PREGNANT! Due July 2014! Back in the beginning of October I went to the doctor in Finland to make sure everything was ok to get pregnant, etc. She told me I don't ovulate and spoke the fear into me about being infertile/miscarrying running in my family. Just like God to turn around a two weeks later and bless us with a sweet precious baby growing rapidly in my tummy.

Last year around this time we had the talk of "in a year let's have a baby". Every month I would be hoping and praying it happened. Literally, the suspense kills ya. In October my parents had multiple people at home ask if I was pregnant. I would get so giddy her telling me, but at the same time trying to not get my hopes up. Little did I know I was pregnant and just didn't know it yet! I know that a lot of moms say all they have ever wanted to be was a mother, but it's so true. When you get in your head that you are ready to be a mom it is all you think about.
My mom took this after we told them in Finland. :)


I didn't really have time or resources to go all out and tell Brad a super awesome way. I could hear him coming home so I stood by the door hid the two tests behind my back saying " I have something to tell you". Took them from behind my back and said "we're pregnant!" As I am crying his mouth drops open and he just stares. Then hugs me up saying it better be a boy. Oh men and their scare of girls. He was so excited and pleased! He knew how long I kept wondering and would always tell me be patient because God knows the perfect timing. That he sure as heck does! We are over the moon!

I was able to have my mom take pictures of when I told my dad. They are pretty great. He had previously asked me for socks and a grand baby for Christmas and this is what he got:


I have been to the doctor twice and just seeing the baby move his little feet and see/hear that heartbeat has me wrapped around the finger already. I absolutely can't wait to fin rout what we are having!



I have been wanting to shout it from the rooftops that we are pregnant and now I finally can! We are continuing to pray that I have a smooth pregnancy and can not wait to meet our sweet babe!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Brooke OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys :) this is such amazing news :) Welcome to mommy club girl :) Wishing you two all the best. Being pregnant is such a special and beautiful time in your life enjoy every single second of it :) Your father's picture is priceless !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The pictures of your dad finding out are awesome! Hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great news! It is always such a happy news when someone really wants a baby and then they finally are expecting, I have couple of friends who are blessed this way and I'm so truly happy for them!
    I hope everything goes well, and you had wonderful Christmas time!
    xo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to back through and find this post to congratulation to properly, blogger style lol Congratulations! Super sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, just happened upon your blog thru Melissa at Loving Life Moore... These are such sweet photos!! What a beautiful couple you guys are!! Love the pics of your dad too, that such an awesome reaction to get on camera!! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete