Drunken Crockpot Chicken

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I had ran across this recipe over on Hello Newlywed Life and finally got around to making it last week!  I don't know whats better than a crockpot meal. I have been doing so many lately. This is one of my absolute favs and reminds me so much of roast! The chicken literally falls apart, so good. 


Sorry, no fancy plates or cool lighting/placement. I was ready to chow down.


Ingredients:
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 tall boy of any beer(We don't keep beer around so I went for the good 'ol cheap Keystone and it still turned out great)
8 white potatoes, quartered
1 large bag of baby carrots
1 can or frozen bag of green beans
1 stick of butter
Thyme
Season All
Salt 
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion Powder

Directions:
+Get out your trusty crockpot and spray your non-stick spray all around. This helps the cleaning after the meal so much easier. (I just learned, thanks momma.)

+Place the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper just a bit.

+Add in the potatoes, carrots and green beans. Spreading them around for a good mix. 

+Pour in the tall boy of beer

+Cut your stick of butter up into small chunks placing them over your chicken and veggie mix.

+Season VERY well with season all, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. I did a good covering so it soaks down in to everything. 

+Add a pinch of thyme across the mixture. I never use thyme so I'm not even sure about what flavor it adds, but it said to ad it and its great. Which totally works for me!

+Turn crockpot on low for 8-10 hours if frozen breasts and 6-8 hours if thawed.

+I would randomly swirl what I could around a bit for the seasoning to fall a little. It may have not done anything, but it comforted me. ha. 

ENJOY!

Hope all of you sweeties have an amazing and safe New Years Eve and New Year!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Crock pot dinners are seriously the best things ever!!! I will also have to try this recipe in the new year !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, if only we weren't cutting out meat! I think I'll still do this minus the chicken because it looks amazing. I am a huge fan of crockpot meals

    Enter to Win a FREE Gym Membership!

    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new found will to learn cooking is just growing after this post. I shall definitely try this out!
    Hope you had lovely New Years festivities!
    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete