It's the Little Things: Quality Time

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I found another awesome link-up over at Words About Waverly! The "It's the Little Things" link-up  is going to be especially fun for me so that every week I can reflect on the little things going on in my life. Personally the little things is what keeps me sane and going.

For me, quality time with my husband has been a huge little thing. Well, that sounds funny. Lately, we have been almost as ships passing through the night so when there are those days we can just sit on the couch or lay in bed and catch up on shows together, it makes me so happy.

Yesterday, he didn't work since it was too cold out and so we were able to hit a basketball game and Buffalo for dinner together. I often forget what it is like just the two of us without friends and family, as I've said in my last blog. Just to set our phones aside and stare at each other and basically catch up is so sweet.

I came upon a post yesterday on Facebook, To Wives: Before you were Mommy. In a gist it talks about how before you were mommy or daddy you were each others. It is important to remeber that the two of us and our love is what made our family. I am already starting to be mindful of this since Brad and I are in the stages of our worlds revolving around getting ready for our sweet babe.

You guys be sure to stop by Words About Waverly and read everyone else's little things! It's fun to see all the differences!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Great post, I saw that article too, although I don't have any kids or any on the way, we hope to soon, I'm sure it's hard sometimes once baby comes along to make time as just husband and wife! Sounds like a good challenge to accept though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this post! just visiting from the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! I definitely think the husband/wife relationship is one you should always make a priority!!!! It's easy to focus on the little one! :)

    I am SO glad that you found us!!! Thank you for being a part of this!
    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up...it means so much to Ashley and I! I love the "little thing" you shared this week and it's definitely something I need to be reminded of...with 2 full time jobs, 2 small businesses and our little lady, it's SO easy for our alone time to get put on the back burner! We actually just had a date night tonight, thanks to our sweet friends offering to watch Sadie for us...sometimes I forget how nice it is to sit and enjoy a meal without being rushed! Happy to have found your blog and to be a new follower!
    xoxo
    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Visiting from the link-up. Thanks for sharing this article!! My husband and I are expecting our first baby any day now and the words in the article really resonated with me. Glad to have found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you found my blog so that I could find yours! Love this post and love the blog. I'm excited to follow along and get to know you better. I'm sure we connect about many things since we both know what it's like being married to professional athletes. Congrats on the pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having that downtime with my husband, too. His arena has been in use this entire month so he's been traveling since the last week of December, only popping in once or twice for a night or two. I'm thankful you found my blog today and I look forward to following along on your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete