5, 8 and 12 week bumpdate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I have been taking these pictures and filling out the info updates since we found out so thought I would play a little catch up. Since we didn't find out until I was 5 weeks, that is where I will start. I decided to just do one a month until we find out the sex :D I mean the belly isn't even quite showing yet even though I feel extra fluffy. I know I know so much can happen in 4 weeks! I couldn't find a big enough chalkboard here in Finland so opted with my Rhonna Designs app I paid for. (Cue bad cell pictures.) 



How far along: 5 weeks(11/25/13)

Size of baby: Sweet Pea(so small!)

Baby's size and weight: .o5 inches long and .04 ounces according to the million websites I read since I haven't gone to the doctor yet.

My total weight gain: none

Baby's development: creation of Brain, Spinal Cord, Heart, and blood vessels is under way. (EEEK!)

Stretch marks: None.

Maternity clothes: Nope

Gender: Boy or Girl?! Brad wants a Boy I want twins ;)

Movement: Not yet, I can't wait for it though!

Sleep: Constant. I am one exhausted momma. Growing a human is tough. 

What I miss: For now literally nothing. After wanting this for some time I am happy to let things go and welcome the tired, nauseous feeling. 

Food cravings: None yet, although lettuce and grapefruit makes me wanna barf. Which makes me sad because that was my daily breakfast and lunch routine. 

Symptoms: Exhausted, smells make me queasy and some nausea, but no actual sickness! 

Brad is: The sweetest husband and daddy to be. I am still on duty to take care of him, but he always reminds me he will do the same for me once he is back to walking! He sometimes does a little much and I have to get on his case, but the gesture is sweet. :)

What I'm looking forward to: first appointment here in Finland December 12th!

Best moments: Telling Brad, my dad, my mom and two bests! They were all so dang excited!

oh, ya know my hair is looking' real good.


How far along: 8 weeks (12/16/13)

Size of baby: Green Olive

Baby's size and weight: At our doctor appointment on December 12th(almost 8 weeks) the baby was 1.5 cm long.

My total weight gain: none

Baby's development: The little tail is almost gone and we could actually see limbs on the sonogram. It was amazing!

Stretch marks: None.

Maternity clothes: Nope

Gender: Boy or Girl?! Brad wants a Boy still.. Doctor confirmed as of now there is just ONE baby :) 

Movement: Not yet, I can't wait for it though!

Sleep: Still sleeping all the time! 

What I miss: Still greeting all symptoms with open arms. Although, I do wish I could get some energy instead of always feeling crummy. 

Food cravings: Still no actual cravings. Given the fact we leave in two days for America I am craving all the restaurants. I think that just comes with getting ready to go home though not the baby. :) 

Symptoms: Exhausted and always feel sick to my stomach. No actual sickness which makes me glad!

Brad issuch a trooper about helping me out with dinner, dishes or cleaning when I'm not feeling good. He still has to hobble around quite a bit from surgery, but does the most he can. I don't know what I would do without him because some days I can barely get off the couch. 

What I'm looking forward to: getting back home to Texas Wednesday and taking some announcement photos with the lovely Tiffani so we can tell the family and of course write a blog post. ;)

Best moments: Our first doctor appointment and sonogram! Just seeing the little babe on the screen let it all set in. I could literally see the formation of the head and limbs. We also could see the heart beat thudering away on the screen even though we didn't get to hear it yet. Maybe on the 19th we will get to! Brads reaction was the best! His face lit up and he touched the screen. He kept saying I'm gonna be a daddy. The absolute most perfect day!






How far along: 12 weeks (1/13/13)

Size of baby: A Peach or Lime(Every website is different. lol)

Baby's size and weight: 11.6 cm long and 2 ounces! The baby has grown so much since our 7 1/2 week ultrasound. We were blown away at how big and beautiful the baby is. 

My total weight gain: As of today(1/16/14 almost 13 weeks), I have gained 2 pounds.  

Baby's development: The babes head is half the size of the actual body. He/she was jumping and kicking around constantly. Looks like those muscles are definitely in full force of working. Long legs and I'm sure we have a basketball player on our hands!

Stretch marks: None and I sure am using belly butter twice a day already.

Maternity clothes: Nope

Gender: Boy or Girl?! We should know within 4 to 6 weeks! EEEK! 

Movement: Not yet, I can't wait for it though!

Sleep: Always sleepy, but getting a few spurts of energy here and there. Especially with babysitting a lot now. 

What I miss: Caffeine. Boy do I miss Vanilla Cream Dr. Pepper from Sonic, Caramel Macchiato with 2 pumps of Raspberry from Starbucks and of course chocolate.

Food cravings: Welp, I've never wanted Froyo and Frostys as much as I do now. 

Symptoms: Nothing as of late!


What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the sex is literally all that is on my mind! Come on February! They said they thought they saw something sticking up between the legs, but weren't sure so we go back February 13th and hopefully we can find out! 

Best moments: No longer hiding that I'm pregnant. I could shout it to everyone. Went to our supposed to be 12 week appointment today and found out I will be 13 weeks on 1/17/14! It is exciting to know my due date is now July 25th. Also, the baby was jumping and kicking all over the place. The ultrasound tech said she needed to be quick because the baby sure didn't like having it's picture taken. (must be a boy. lol)! We heard the heart beat again and it was music to our ears! Our baby is the most beautiful sight I've seen. So in love!



 post signature

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! What a cute way to keep track of the whole process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay finally bumpdates !! So happy for you girl :) The ultrasounds are always so fun and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super fun way to keep track of everything, then when you want to look back at it some day it will always be here! :) This sounds way too exciting, i'm officially getting old hehehe. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!

    xx
    Marisha
    avidaebelaofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your pregnancy - such an exciting time!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete