Mom-shaming

Saturday, January 17, 2015

A huge reason I dislike social media is due to mom-shaming and the competitive discussions between mothers. I have had to get out of a lot of mom Facebook groups and unfriend people due to that. Death threats due to cloth diapers and circumcision? That is awful and not something I want to be a part of.

SO, maybe I fell short and snapped back to a mom being forth coming about something to do with Brynn. I know that I would never put Brynn in danger and that I was not doing anything wrong. This mother jumped to conclusions before knowing the facts. ALL because of a photo posted on Facebook. Like, give me a break.

Bottom line, as mothers we should be here to lift each other up and encourage each other. Days get hard. Really hard. Mothers are the ones who know just where we are and how we feel. I have no earthly idea why it needs to be a competition of who's baby is bigger or did things first. Every baby is different and every parenting style is different.

I pray this mother community would start to build each other up and not tear each other down.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. That is something I wont be looking forward to! Looks like you are a great mother so don't let those crazy people bring you down! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy bashing is everywhere! It's crazy really. I don't have time to worry about what other people are doing and my motto has always been, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive!! Motherhood is hard work, hang in there Mama, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, seriously. That is one reason I was nervous to start blogging, there are too many nasty people out there who hide behind a computer screen. You're absolutely right, as a mother, you know how hard it is, we have to be nice, you never know the battles others are fighting.
    I've noticed things so differently now with kids, people are so competitive with them, and comparing, and labeling them. It's made me so aware of how we talk about our kids or parenting or share 'advice'.
    You are such a good momma and do the absolute best for your little girl, that's all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete