Worth it all

Friday, March 6, 2015

Little to no sleep.

Walking for hours to get a crying babe to sleep.

Skipping meals.

2 minute showers or showers at all.

Being on call 24/7 for milk.

I'm sure every mom is reading this knowing they have been there. A few months ago I read this article 'When love feels heavy' and boy was it spot on. I asked for Brynn. I had never wanted something so badly. I am so thankful God chose me to be her momma. I am so thankful I am the one that gets to take care of her day in and day out. To watch her grow up instead of someone else. Days can get hard, really hard. I thought I knew, but I had no idea. Being a momma has probably been the hardest job I've ever had. While being the most rewarding. Let me tell you these days, they are so worth it. Her smiles when she sees me. Her laugh because she thinks I am the funniest lady. How when I pick her up the crying can stop in a instant. I find myself crying sometimes because no other reason than I am just tired. Tired and can't believe this little girl is mine all in one. We made that. I kept her alive and healthy for 6 months just off nursing. It's the most amazing experience. For this is part of what God planned for our little family. Yes, I can still have dreams and fulfill them. Being a momma is one of those dreams, as well as traveling. Some will most likely get pushed aside, but like I said it's worth it all. I encourage you mommas that you are doing an amazing job. All the things people think your missing out on are worth missing out on. Yes, things all become a little harder, but it's worth it. You are strong and courageous. You got this. I know every day I need encouragement. So, in case you needed a little encouragement today, this is for you.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you got this. :) Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done is be a mother. You are so right!! It is soooo rewarding. It's crazy how they can drive you bat-shit crazy one second (toddlers!!) and the next have you melting in a puddle over their sweetness. It's such an unconditional love. Thanks for the encouragement ;) and RIGHT BACK AT YA!! You are such an amazing momma and have such a beautiful and special little girl to show for it. :) Quite the journey it is, huh?!
    Hang in there (that's what I'm trying to do most days too)!! xo

    ReplyDelete