With a Thankful Heart

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Holidays 'round these parts of Europe are always the hardest being away from the comfort of family. Even though this is our 4th year overseas there is always those few things tugging at my heart. Here we are on Thanksgiving not having our usual traditional dinner, but getting together with Brads team for an all-you-can-eat at a restaurant. No it's not the usual, but don't you fret I am supplying some Pumpkin Pie and many loafs of Banana Bread.

With that being said I am extremely thankful to be able to travel across the world and see things most will never get to see with my man by my side and now our precious girl. Our lord & savior has continued to pave a way for our marriage and family to be right where he wants us. As much as it breaks my heart here and there that so many are missing out on Brynn growing up and she isn't getting to remember their faces or laughs I know Brad needs her face and laughs more. I am thankful my parents take out time and money to come see us because they know it helps us all get through the 9 months. I am thankful for the many care packages people send us with a taste of home. I am thankful for the dozens of Skype dates, texts, and messages from our friends/family letting us know whats going on back around home. Just to hear how their days are makes me so dang happy. We miss out on many birthdays, anniversaries, parties, holidays, etc., but being able to live this life as a family has me thankful we are capable. Who knows how long this life overseas will last so we will continue to take it all in and do as much as we can while we can.

I hope all of you have an amazing Thanksgiving celebrating what you are thankful for and enjoying your families/friends!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
Our little Turkey is Gobblin' 'til she Wobblin'(on milk that is).




post signature

3 comments:

  1. She is soooooooooooooooooooooooo precious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind - love your new blog!! :) Look at that big girl, what a cutie!! Hope you are enjoying the holidays even though far away. What special 'firsts' for your family and little one. :)

    ReplyDelete