Meeting New People

Saturday, November 16, 2013

I'm about to get real up in here because this is something that has been weighing on my heart. Meeting new people is the most fun and awkward thing in my life. I hate awkward silences and newness of almost being "fake" when first meeting someone.

Every 8 months of our lives we are thrown into a new country, new city, new adventure to make it our home. There is always this anxious feeling inside of me when leading up to the big move. What if I don't make friends? What if they don't like me? What if I can't get a job? What if I hate it? I am always in constant prayer for when I am settling into a new place.

 You come from different backgrounds and cultures so obviously you think very differently on certain issues. It's a blessing when you see eye to eye with someone and click instantly. Women can be crazy judgmental creatures, we all know that. I want to be able to prove that women don't have to tear each other down, but come together and form a bond.

Fear of rejection is the biggest load of crap the devil feeds me. Let me tell you I feed into it way too often than not. I am an extremely emotional person about life and I always put my all. That can be a good or bad thing, depending the situation. Sometimes I get let down if someone doesn't do the same.

 Brad has his whole team along with two Americans that get what he is doing and how it feels. I don't always get the same luxury. I am without a doubt glad Brad has that because that is what helps him to feel comfortable and fall back into his game. He deserves to succeed and needs to in this cut throat business. He doesn't have time to worry about people not liking him like I do.

I miss my friends and family like no other while overseas. Thinking how much I am missing what is going on in their lives and all the holidays. I always say I don't need new friends I have amazing ones at home. I am sure this makes them feel great ;) When in reality I need to meet new friends while overseas. They will help me make it through rough days when I just need to talk.

The Lord places all the right people into my path during these times overseas and always.  I seem to think I need to find someone who gets me and can pour into me equal to the way I can pour into them about this journey, but this time around I believe the people that were placed in my path I am suppose to pour into them. None here currently know exactly how it is to get engaged/married and move across the world, but I can witness to them in all sorts of other ways.

Everyone I have met here has been super helpful. It's nice to know if I need to have girl talk or go to a new store they will be there. They all have their lives going on when I drop into it, but they make the time. The devil is liar and God has the people already lined up to be in my life as I go along. I never need to doubt that. Focusing on the good things about being here in Finland or overseas in general is what helps me get through good and bad days. I will end with this, everyone needs someone to lean on and I thank God daily I have him and Brad.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. True words, Brooke!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke I love reading your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke your friends here will understand. everyone needs friends wherever they go. it will help.pass time and give you the chance to.make memories that you will never forget!!! keep your head held high and Pray Pray Pray!!!!

    ReplyDelete