Oh, Monday

Monday, November 11, 2013

 Monday your back. I normally loathe Mondays, but I have learned to love them while living overseas since it's a week closer to seeing family. Today marks two weeks until mom & dad arrive. Wahoo! You better believe I'm counting down.

I was actually able to open my blinds this morning with a purpose. I was just rambling to a friend that the sun literally hasn't come out for two weeks. What do ya know the sun is bright and shining today! Now that is how I know it is a glorious Monday! Thanks God for making me shut my trap about the gloomy, yuck weather! The sun normally sets around 3:50 so I've got about 2 in a half hours of it left. I'll take all I can get. :)

Brad was off Friday-Sunday which NEVER happens and I soaked up every minute of it. Now he is off to shoot around and our weekly routine begins. We didn't do anything to glorious to write about this weekend. Basketball was of course on our agenda, having some friends over for wine and card games, baking/frosting some cookies, watching the Wolverine and some SNOW on Sunday!

Back to basketball for a minute... I need to also brag on my husband for a minute... I mean, of course, I completely think he is an amazing ball player, but to see multiple websites talk about how great they think he is it just makes me burst with joy! He gives his all 100% of the time and he deserves some recognition. At his game on Thursday he had 33 points and 7 rebounds while winning player of the game. For those of you that know Brad and those that don't he is the most humble athlete I have encountered. I had never dated an "athlete" in college before, but he totally took away all the stereotypes. He isn't cocky and lets his love for the Lord shine through his game. It is a blessing to get to watch him play and see how many lives he touches.

Now, pictures of our weekend :)
He won a gift card and some of the best chocolate! 


Brad coaching the Jr. Team Friday night


Homemade sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting

Have a blessed week!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. You guys make such a beautiful couple!!! and Yay for your parents almost being there...I would totally also be counting down the days too :)

    ReplyDelete