Oh, to be a kid again

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The holidays and being away from my family always brings back memories from when I was young. Being a "grown up" has been one of my favorite things, but it definitely isn't as cool as I thought it was when I was younger. Except for the fact I get to have sleepovers with a boy every night ;)

There is numerous things I wish I could go back and do just a few more times...
+Making pallets on the floor of my parents room
+Saturday morning chocolate chip pancakes
+My mom singing "Goodnight Sweetheart"(goodnight sweetheart well it's time to go, dunuh dunuh) before I went to bed & "Rise and Shine"(rise and shine and give God the glory glory) to wake me up
+Simon says in the backyard with my brothers and they decide simon says to taste dads beer(my brothers definitely thought it was cooler than I did, gross. Mind you I was 6.) I lost that one.
+Building a full size Viper out of snow with my dad and brothers that we could actually sit in. (Yup, we won first place & scored some Storm Lake bucks)
+Waking up every day without a care in the world except for what cartoon to watch or how long I would get to play outside
+My "pink" blanket
+Late night Walmart trips with my mom & friends in our PJs
+Live in the same city as all my best friends

I will definitely reenact a few of these with littles of our own one day.

At least it still remains that my parents and brothers are still my favorite people while adding in my husband.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that y'all built a Viper! hahaha I miss being a kid.
    Being a grown up definitely isn't as fun as it looked when we were younger.


    avidaebelaofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the younger days too, love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete