Keepin' busy

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Here we are in Finland NOT getting to dress up for Halloween AGAIN. I'm actually ok with it since it saves money on a useless costume I will never wear again because no one can see me in the same costume twice. Don't worry we are going to bring in Halloween with Hocus Pocus and some candy tonight after dinner!

Onto the real subject of the day, I literally rack my brain daily of things to keep me busy. I have categorized all my pictures on my computer into detailed folders, organized my iTunes and downloaded tons of oldies and newbies, clean pretty much daily, do laundry every other day and cook time consuming meals just so I won't go out of my mind with boredom.

While at times it is nice to be have nothing to do so I can catch up on shows or dig into my bible, but in all seriousness I don't want to become crazy. BTW Finland is in the top 20 of suicide rates. Like, how absolutely depressing is that?! Yeah, so I would like to refrain from suicide and keep myself busy. (Ok, totally kidding I wouldn't take it that far.)

My mom suggested I learn to crochet. SO, challenge accepted I shall learn. I picked up some basic black yarn and the materials I needed so I can start learning tomorrow while Brad will be gone all freakin' day for an away game. Once I get this crochet thing down don't you fret you will get a scarf or some socks for every present needed occasion ;)

Trying to keep busy may seem crazy, like hello I should be loving my down time, but after what almost 3 months of it now I could go for busy weeks. Any suggestions on what else to do?

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem at work right now! hahaha I have to keep thinking of things to do to make the time go by, it stinks! Hopefully crocheting will help with consuming your time love! Maybe start reading often if you already don't? Or go take a walk and explore the city more?

    XX
    Marisha
    aivdaebelaofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying busy is SO important. A few years ago my hubby and I lived in Bolivia for six months as volunteer workers and I remember trying to come up with things to just make the time move and make me happier. That was before we settled a little and found our core group of friends. After that, I was always busy and having a blast. But one of the things on my list was to learn how to sew. I learned how to sew a straight line. That counts right? Knitting was next on my list. It's still on my list lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course that counts! I can't sew or even draw a straight line to save my life!

      Delete
  3. hmm, I commented a long story here, but I guess it got lost or something :( boo!
    I hope you are not all bored of Finland, but I get what you mean.. If you anytime need a pal, ideas or anything, I'm happy to socialize with you! (now it feels it's all work and gym and netflix for me)
    Hope this doesn't disappear! Haha :D
    xo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete