Be still.

Monday, October 28, 2013


It rained pretty much rained all week/weekend, but yesterday when we went out for our walk and it was a gorgeous day. I enjoy so very much just basking in all of Gods glory. I know that home(America) is beautiful too. It is just so different being overseas in Gods creations that others may not ever get the chance to see. 

Having a lot of time on my hands, I have really been digging into the word and being still in the Lord. Gods path is the best path and we just need to stop with all of the distractions and draw near to him. I am a very big planner and so I try to plan out every aspect of our lives. First of all, with Brads job it is hard to have a set in stone plan when things could change in any minute. Also, with him having this job it has helped me to be still and trust in the Lord more than ever. Every year I let go of my control over the way our lives are "supposed" to be. I mean we have dealt with wonder since we were dating of where we would go next and some people look at us crazy, but it is part of Gods path for us. We have been able to witness to people all over the world. I wouldn't call us missionaries, but we get to spread Gods love in many ways. God sending Brad to be a basketball player overseas is a blessing. He gets to do what he absolutely loves and we're riding along as God opens and closes doors. 



Brad and I have been doing the Love Dare devotional since we came overseas and last night it had us read James 1:19. Boy does this verse always hit home. I am always the one that has to have the last word. Yep, one of my many faults. I am lucky to have Brad be so calm because I am the one with a quick temper. When someone offends me or my family I am always wanting to give it to them, but God does not want me to be that way. I need to think about what is going on and say nothing at all. You never know the background of another or what exactly they are thinking to make them say the things they are. It doesn't always make them right, but I have got to learn to listen and think before always speaking. Relationships of any kind can be a tricky thing. With all of this being said I am adoring being still in the Lord and just letting God take care of everything. It is so nice to just sit back and continue thanking God for all that he has done and yet to do. God is good and always has our best interest at heart. Listen to him every once in awhile it'll do ya good. I know it does for me:)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post!! I am a planner too so I hear ya... It can be so tiring trying to plan and figure it all out but He really just wants us to be still and let Him take care of everything. So comforting to know what an awesome God we serve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty picture you posted !! I've never been overseas but from what I can tell it sure is beautiful!! And I can totally relate to your post. With my hubby my personality has totally changed for the better. I was always the type to get angry very quickly in certain situations so it made react a little outrageous lol. With hubby I've learned to remain calm and take things so easy. I didn't change but I became a better me :)

    ReplyDelete