FINLANNNNDD.

Saturday, October 5, 2013


Let me just say I had to write Finland in that way for the title because Mario (one of the boys that lives in Robert's House) constantly says Finland this way and lets be real I actually miss it. Well, so many have asked/encouraged me to start a blog since we first went to Spain in 2010. Here I am 3 years later attempting it. Starting a blog is a lot more work than I had thought it would be. There is so much that goes into making it perfect and I am still not great, but thought I would give it a trial run. I am also not the greatest writer ever so spare with me. Anywho, we have now been in Lapua, Finland for 5 weeks and 3 days! I can't even fathom that it has been that long already. On Monday we moved into our big, permanent and cozy apartment. I have not done a huge amount of decorating, but I have a boat load, to what it seems, of candles. In my opinion you can never have enough. Everyone does always comment on how good our apartment smells, so hey its workin'. Here's a small peek in video form: 

Now, lets talk about this weather. Literally when we stepped foot off the plane on August 28th it was perfect fall weather and now eh not so much fall but more towards winterish. There has been a chance of rain almost every day we have been here and quite windy here lately. I mean we should be used to that with Lubbock's crazy bi-polar weather. I'm thankful to be able to look outside and see the leaves changing. Some days it stays dusk all day long, like today. Its 4pm and here is a picture from our back porch.

I'm a sucker for a good leave change picture.

Brad is gone today to his first season game. This is why I have so much time on my hands to do a blog.  If any of you are interested in following Brads games you can go to basket.fi for a live tracker and then they keep the scores from previous games, schedules, etc. When he is gone to play I am constantly praying for him and his team. It's a different thing not being able to be at every game he has like in Czech. Gives me such excitement waiting on him to come home and tell me all about his game from his perspective. Well, for now thats all I have. :)

2 comments: